The TowBoatUS Lake Lanier Winter Photo Contest is On!
It’s safe to say we’re going a little stir crazy here, trapped for nearly a week now by our recent snow/ice storm! The Atlanta Boat Show started today, and we’re there, while still keeping you covered on the lake, of course. So, how to have some fun during the cold and snow we’re facing? In conjunction with the show, we’re announcing our first photo contest. The theme is Winter on Lanier. The photos should be of or about the lake, in Winter of course. Submissions will be taken through 11:59pm, March 19th, the official end of Winter. Entries should be posted to our Facebook wall. We’ll gather them to a gallery to collect them for all to see in one place from there. Read the rules and submission guidelines below as by submitting a photo, you are also agreeing to them! Best photo wins $100 from TowBoatUS Lake Lanier.
Stay warm out there!
TowBoatUS Lake Lanier Winter Photo Contest Rules
By virtue of your submission of one or more photos to this contest, you are indicating your agreement to the rules of the contest as outlined below
1. Submitters must be residents of the USA and BoatUS members. TowBoatUS membership isn’t required, but for $34/year more than your base BoatUS membership, why wouldn’t you be members of both? Give us a call, or sign up here: http://www.towboatuslakelanier.com/sign-up/
2. Photos submitted must have been taken by and be the property of the person submitting them (no copyrighted material of others)
3. Submitter agrees that photos will be displayed in TowBoatUS Lake Lanier’s online galleries, on Facebook and the TowBoatUS Lake Lanier web site.
Submitting Photos (entering the contest)
1. Photos may be edited for quality (color correction, brightness, cropping, etc), but must remain photographs, i.e. no “photoshoping” of objects into scenery or composite images.
2. The subject of photos submitted should be Lake Lanier. This may include the lake itself, objects, structures, landscape, people or wildlife on the shoreline, activities such as boating, fishing or boarding, lake structures such as bridges, marinas, boats, etc.
3. Photos should be made during the winter season of 2010/2011
4. Photos should be submitted to the wall of our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/towboatuslakelanier
5. Photos must be submitted directly to our page, by the owner of the photo. No links to outside websites or photo sharing services!
The Contest begins on 1/13/2011 and will run through the end of the winter season, 3/19/2011 at 11:59pm. Submissions must be time stamped before then.
1. Judging will be performed by representatives of TowBoatUS Lake Lanier.
2. Photos will be judged on:
a. Image Quality
c. Scenery or Subject matter
d. Best representation of the “spirit of Lake Lanier” and the winter season
e. Anything else that catches our eye!
3. Winners will be announced via Facebook and/or our website.